reading internet data to generate random numbers.

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Wed Nov 2 16:30:21 EST 2005

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Grant Edwards wrote:

> On 2005-11-02, Levi Campbell <levicc00123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I'm working on a random number generator using the internet as a
>> way to gather entropy, I have two questions.

So far interesting.

>> 1. is there a way to capture the internet stream?

Most news sites provide RSS and/or ATOM feeds these days.
Or maybe you mean video/audio stream from Internet stations?
(not sure how much entropy such a stream could contain: probably
depends on the genre ;-)

Or perhaps you mean low-level Ethernet/TCP/IP "stream"? Then it is not
original and I already saw answers with recomendations.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
rnd at onego.ru =\= My AI powered by GNU/Linux RedHat 7.3