How to get started in GUI Programming?

jmdeschamps at gmail.com jmdeschamps at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 17:27:03 EST 2005

It all really depends on what you wish to achieve. Results are
generally in proportion to the effort involved.
I don't think a "Python for Nulls" exists !
the following thread deals with documentation for beginners (and others
as well)
http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/4b7a01e1feb128fa/2b6b186a96c4fa73?hl=en#2b6b186a96c4fa73

For Tkinter the basic document is Fredrik Lundh's 'Introduction to
Tkinter' (you can google to easily find this)
and also one from New Mexico Tech at
http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/lang/python/tkinter.html

If you're intent on doing image manipulation, I would advise that you
consider the Python Imaging Library (known as PIL).

Pain is a very personal concept - what can be a painful endeavor for
some might be a enticing challenge for another ;-)

Good luck.