Is mod_python 3.1 good for commercial blogging/CMS?

Anthony L. anthony at ataribaby.org
Tue Nov 8 22:34:30 EST 2005

In article <mailman.313.1131482009.18701.python-list at python.org>,
 jjl at pobox.com (John J. Lee) wrote:

> "Ben Sizer" <kylotan at gmail.com> writes:
> [...]
> > It as not easy to work with the CGI-style code in a WYSIWYG web editor
> > as it is to edit a template, which is probably the main reason for
> > their use. Also, coding everything with req.write() means that each
> [...]
>
> You seem to believe CGI is incompatible with templating.  Why?  The
> two are entirely independent of each other.
>

> John

He was just referring to the idea of me perhaps editing the HTML markup
in my Python code using an IDE like Dreamweaver and having a difficult
time. I agree, editing an HTML doc in a WYSIWYG environment would be
easier than me fishing through my req.write() calls and my strings to
find my markup - which is what I am doing at the moment.

Anthony