/usr/lib/python2.4/posixfile.py error

Chris see at reply.to.field
Sat Nov 5 12:45:31 EST 2005

In article <436afbc2$0$14200$9b622d9e at news.freenet.de>,
martin at v.loewis.de says...
> Chris wrote:
> > Wonder if anyone can help me?
>
> I very much doubt that, with as little information you gave us.
>
> > I am trying to run a perl script but I keep getting this error:
> >
> > /usr/lib/python2.4/posixfile.py:59: DeprecationWarning: The posixfile
> > module is obsolete and will disappear in the future
> >   DeprecationWarning)
>
> It's very strange that you get a Python error when running a Perl
> script.

So I thought ;)

However, it's a perl script that invokes python.

http://search.cpan.org/~rprice/Nokia-File-NFB-0.01/lib/Nokia/File/NFB.pm

> > Any ideas on why it's failing on that python module?
>
> It's not failing. It's a warning, not an error. The warning is
> that the Python code you are running uses the posixfile module,
> and it should be rewritten to stop doing so, as the posixfile
> module will go away eventually.

Ok, many thanks.  I got it working in the end, appears that the nfb.py
script requires the file it is processing to be in the same directory.
Which is quite annoying, but at least I know how to sort it now.

Many thanks for your quick reply and apologies for my late one :(

Cheers,
Chris