Why are there no ordered dictionaries?

Christoph Zwerschke cito at online.de
Sun Nov 20 20:32:46 EST 2005

bonono at gmail.com wrote:
> Personally, I have needs for ordered dict but I don't think it should
> be in standard library though, as different situation called for
> different behaviour for "ordered" and skewing my code to a standard lib
> way is no good.

I have started the thread in the first place because I believed it is
pretty unabmiguous what an "ordered dictionary" is and how it should
behave. That's why I asked myself why something that straigthforward has
not been added to the standard lib yet. Maybe I'm wrong; I must admit
that I haven't meditated about it very much.

Do you have an example for different options of behavior?

-- Christoph