Making immutable instances

Giovanni Bajo noway at sorry.com
Thu Nov 24 20:29:13 EST 2005

Mike Meyer wrote:

>> Björn Lindström wrote:
>> Why do you think we have a frozenset, for instance? By Mike's
>> argument, we shouldn't have it.
>
> Not *my* arguments, certainly. Not unless you're seriously
> misinterpreting them.

Sorry then, I probably am. There must be a misunderstanding somewhere.

What is your position about frozenset? By my understanding of your arguments,
it is a hand-cuffed version of set, which just prevents bugs that could still
be caught by testing. The same applies for the arbitrary restriction of not
allowing sets to be key dictionaries (with their hash value being their id).
--
Giovanni Bajo