2.4.2 on AIX 4.3 make fails on threading

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 23:52:17 EST 2005

Paul Watson wrote:
> When I try to build 2.4.2 on AIX 4.3, it fails on missing thread
> objects.  I ran ./configure --without-threads --without-gcc.
>
> Before using --without-threads I had several .pthread* symbols missing.

Perhaps you need to add -lpthread to the link line.  This should be
able to work.  What is the link line output from make?

> Can anyone
> suggest a configuration or some change that I can make to cause this to
> build correctly?  Thanks.
>
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: ._PyGILState_NoteThreadState

I think that problem has been fixed.  Try downloading this file and
replace the one in your build directory:

http://svn.python.org/projects/python/branches/release24-maint/Python/pystate.c