hard memory limits

James Tanis jtanis at pycoder.org
Fri May 6 19:54:17 EDT 2005

James Stroud wrote:

>Sorry Maurice, apparently in bash its "ulimit" (no n). I don't use bash, so I
>don't know all of the differences offhand. Try that.

The only shells I know of that uses unlimit is csh & tcsh.. bleh.. :)
FWIW, I've had the same problem in openbsd, while ulimit will fix your
problem temporarily you'll probably want to edit your default user class
/etc/login.conf. In response to someone earlier, I think it's Linux here
that is un-unix like, I do not think that characteristally a (non-admin)
user is allowed unlimited access to ram in most varieties of unix, among
other things and for good reason.