Declaring self in PyObject_CallMethod

lamthierry at gmail.com lamthierry at gmail.com
Sun May 8 20:20:00 EDT 2005

Calling a python method from C++ has the following signature:

PyObject *
PyObject_CallMethod(PyObject *self, char *method_name,
                    char *arg_format, ...);

I'm having trouble figuring out how to declare self.

Let's say my python file is called stuff.py and is like the following,
doMath() is defined in stuff.py and is not part of any class:

#stuff.py

def doMath():
   val = val + 1

In C++, I think my codes should be like the following:

PyObject *resultObj = PyObject_CallMethod( self, "doMath", "");

What do I put for self? Any help please?