Strip white spaces from source

qwweeeit at yahoo.it qwweeeit at yahoo.it
Sun May 8 18:14:52 EDT 2005

Hi all,
I need to limit as much as possible the lenght of a source line,
stripping white spaces (except indentation).
For example:
.   .   max_move and AC_RowStack.acceptsCards ( self, from_stack, cards
)
must be reduced to:
.   .   max_move and AC_RowStack.acceptsCards(self,from_stack,cards)

My solution has been (wrogly): ''.join(source_line.split())
which gives:
max_moveandAC_RowStack.acceptsCards(self,from_stack,cards)

Without considering the stripping of indentation (not a big problem),
the problem is instead caused by the reserved words (like 'and').

Can you help me? Thanks.