Python Documentation (should be better?)

OKB (not okblacke) brenNOSPAMbarn at NObrenSPAMbarn.net
Fri May 13 19:40:49 EDT 2005

Greg Ewing wrote:

> Curiously I had the same problem just the other day,
> except with list instead of string. I think the problem
> is that the sections on the actual built-in types
> (list, str, dict, etc.) are one level too far down
> to appear in the table of contents of the Library
> Reference.
>
> If things could be rearranged so that their names
> actually appeared in the table of contents, I think
> it would make a big difference in this area.

    	I would be satisfied if that table of contents page simply listed
ALL the subsections, indented appropriately.  (As it is, it only lists
them to two levels deep.)  This would also be handy in that if I knew I
wanted to go to Mutable Sequence Types, I could click on that directly
from the index instead of having to click through Sequence Types first.

--
--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell