problem uploading ZIP file tp PyPI

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu May 19 21:04:21 EDT 2005

>> So (if the former is what you meant) would a workaround for
>> now be to do something like:
>>
>>  setup.py sdist --format=gztar upload
>
> (1) error: command 'tar' failed: No such file or directory

I was assuming that tar and gzip were available.  There are various tar/gzip
applications available for Windows, e.g. Cygwin, gnuwin32.

<http://cygwin.com>
<http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net>
<http://www.gzip.org>

> (2) error: invalid command 'upload'

Using the files link alternative to 'upload', then (I thought that
specifying 'upload' in my example would make the question clearer, since it
spells out that I want to upload the dist, without saying that I will use
the files link).

=Tony.Meyer