problem uploading ZIP file tp PyPI

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu May 19 19:28:14 EDT 2005

>>> Oh, so even without --format, a ZIP source dist file is produced
>>> anyway? If this is the case, please file a bug against PyPI.
>>
>> How is this a bug?  sdist is meant to produce a zip file on
>> Windows if --format isn't used.  If "upload" overrides this for some
>> reason, then the documentation should say so (and, IMO, it would be a
>> mistake for that to be the case).
>
> It's a bug against PyPI, not distutils.

Did you mean that the bug is that PyPI won't accept a zipped source
distribution?  To me, your message read like it was saying that (distutils)
producing a zip source distribution file without --format was a bug.

So (if the former is what you meant) would a workaround for now be to do
something like:

  setup.py sdist --format=gztar upload

?

=Tony.Meyer