Encryption with Python?

Anthra Norell anthra.norell at tiscalinet.ch
Tue May 10 16:56:24 EDT 2005

---- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Rubin" <"http://phr.cx"@NOSPAM.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
To: <python-list at python.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 12:59 AM
Subject: Re: Encryption with Python?

> Since good encryption schemes that don't have significant performance
> penalties are widely available, why mess with a crap scheme EVER?  Why
> use a solution that "might or might not be adequate" when you can use
> one that's definitely ok?

Why indeed?---Why run a marathon? Why have kids? Why shave? Why play chess?
Why sprinkle the lawn? Or as my friend Sergio's favorite line went: Why you
jerks cook your own muck when there are so many good restaurants in town?

His was definitely the best when it went out of business.

Regards

Frederic