Quick Reference from module doc strings.

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Tue May 17 04:58:26 EDT 2005

> Do you have any feature suggestions, additional information that
could
> go in, something that would extend the content in some way and make
it
> more useful?

I have written something similar which I use all the time. It generates
ReST
output which I can browse with "less" from the command line, as well as
HTML
output and PDF output that I can print. The hard work is done by
docutils, of course.
I have options to specify if I want to least private names or not, and
to specify
if I want an analytical index to be generated or not. Also, the HTML
output
contains hyperlinks to the original source code, so I can see  it with
a click.
I can feed to "minidoc" whole packages (it works recursively on
subpackages, so everything is documented).

It was unvaluable in my struggle with Zope.

            Michele Simionato