Quick Reference from module doc strings.

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Tue May 17 12:58:56 EDT 2005

Ron Adam:

> Sound great!  Adding a command line parser, I'm going to add a brief
> command line parser to it today, but nothing as elaborate as you have
> already.  Could you post a part of the output as an example?  How is
the
> index built?

For the command line parser, see
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/278844

Here is an example of output:

http://www.phyast.pitt.edu/~micheles/python/ms.html

(it is a package called "ms" (as "My Stuff") where I put my utilities).

The system works for module of the standard library too, but since
most of the time they do not have docstrings in reST format, there
are ugly formatting errors. But this is a bug of the standard library,
not of my tool ;)

For the index: "minidoc" associates a footnote number to every name,
and then
prints the names in alphabetical order. You can reach the documentation
for that name with a click.

               Michele Simionato