command string good in subprocess.Popen(string) fails in process.Process(string)

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Mon May 16 12:51:20 EDT 2005

[Earl Eiland wrote]

> The command string consists of "filename.exe  instruction1 instruction2
> ..."  It works in subprocess, but in process, returns the error "can't
> find the file instruction1".
>
> How do I pass command line instructions in process.Process?  I tried a
> list ['filename.exe', 'instruction1 instruction2 ...'] with the same
> result.
>
> If you're wondering why I'm switching, it's because I'm working with a
> poorly behaved 3rd party program that causes a severe memory leak, and I
> need the process modules timed "wait(n)" method (or write my own).

Can you post a little snippet and show the exact traceback you are
getting? I suspect the problem might stem from a stupid buglet in the
latest process.py available from my starship pages because I've
neglected updating it in a long while.

Cheers,
Trent

--