command string good in subprocess.Popen(string) fails in process.Process(string)

Earl Eiland eee at nmt.edu
Mon May 16 09:10:32 EDT 2005

The command string consists of "filename.exe  instruction1 instruction2
..."  It works in subprocess, but in process, returns the error "can't
find the file instruction1".

How do I pass command line instructions in process.Process?  I tried a
list ['filename.exe', 'instruction1 instruction2 ...'] with the same
result.

If you're wondering why I'm switching, it's because I'm working with a
poorly behaved 3rd party program that causes a severe memory leak, and I
need the process modules timed "wait(n)" method (or write my own).

Earl