prime number

phil phillip.watts at anvilcom.com
Mon May 30 08:48:19 EDT 2005

> What civil engineers need with all this programming is beyond me.

One of my best friends and expartner and top civil-structural
engineers in the country (he built Dallas Reunion Arena and many
other complex structures) was an ace programmer in many languages.

He was not willing to just accept the results of canned packages,
he wanted to know where the answers came from and make software
that made sense to his engineers.

I presume you are young and if you wish to be an engineer and not
a salesman you must be eaten up with the desire to know
"How Stuff Works".  Computers are ubiquitous in engineering
and if you want to be the best, learn how they work.