prime number

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Mon May 30 03:15:21 EDT 2005

lostinpython said unto the world upon 2005-05-30 02:50:
> It is a homework assignment from a book but not for a class.  I'm
> trying to teach my self some basic programming before I have to take it
> in college.  If I show enough understanding of the subject, my advisor
> will let me forgo Intro. to Programming and go into Intro. to C++.
> What civil engineers need with all this programming is beyond me.  We
> have to learn another language to program our CADD software, which I
> find much easier than this.  But needless to say, I'm stumped on this
> problem.  I keep ending up in a never ending loop.
>
> Shanna

Hi Shanna,

Since you are just beginning, I'd like to recommend the tutor list
<http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor>. It is not that
newcomers are not welcome here. But the folks who populate the tutor
list are particularly good at answering neophytes' questions at the
level.

Since you've got some code together, even though it isn't doing what
you want, you've already got a decent start for getting help. Post the
question and the code to the tutor list and I'd not be surprised if
you will soon be well on your way to solving your problem.

Best,

Brian vdB
Who owes much of what he knows about Python to the tutor list.