Build error Python 2.4.1 - stat problem?

Brandt, Servatius Servatius.Brandt at fujitsu-siemens.com
Wed May 25 12:09:40 EDT 2005

Hello,

I found the solution of my problems.  The configure script decided to
switch on large file support, but the #defines set in pyconfig.h caused
an inconsistency between the stat function calls (32 bit versions) and
the stat structures used (64 bit versions).  After I switched off the
large file support manually in pyconfig.h, all works fine.

Maybe someone could change the configure script so that it tests whether
the large files support really works (create a file of a few bytes and
test its size)?

- Servatius

Servatius Brandt             Phone: +49 89 636-41504
Fujitsu Siemens Computers    Fax:   +49 89 636-48716
EP SW AD C++                 Email: Servatius.Brandt at fujitsu-siemens.com