Build error Python 2.4.1 - stat problem?

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Wed May 25 06:34:15 EDT 2005

Brandt, Servatius wrote:

> The stat values do not make any sense.  It seems that the value used for
> the mode is really the numbers of links (I created the two empty
> /usr/local... directories to prevent the os.error exception):

That sort of suggests that the definition of the stat struct is not what
your build expects.

If you used the configure script to generate the makefile, you should
check whether any #define's modify the definition of this struct (usually
in /usr/include/sys/stat.h), assuming configure found your system's
stat.h, and see whether any such defines are set in your ./configure'd
pyconfig.h.

You may have to dig deeper still.