py2exe + svn - the final drama

Timothy Smith timothy at open-networks.net
Fri May 6 08:53:59 EDT 2005

Timothy Smith wrote:

>ok, i am updating my program from my svn - this works, however, i am
>getting the following error when i close the program. the zip file
>successfully updates, so i'm curious as to the meaning of this.
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "Main.pyo", line 820, in ValidateLogin
>  File "Main.pyo", line 863, in ShowMainFrameItems
>  File "glob.pyo", line 22, in glob
>  File "glob.pyo", line 50, in glob1
>  File "fnmatch.pyo", line 42, in filter
>zipimport.ZipImportError: bad local file header in Z:\temp\library.zip
>
>not that once i have finished client.update(''), it has successfully
>updated the zipfile, i open a dialoge box saying "click ok and restart
>program" AFTER i click on the above error pops up and my app shuts down
>as intended.
>
>ideas?

ok i have done some digging and i cound this

/* Check to make sure the local file header is correct */
	fseek(fp, file_offset, 0);
	l = PyMarshal_ReadLongFromFile(fp);
	if (l != 0x04034B50) {
		/* Bad: Local File Header */
		PyErr_Format(ZipImportError,
			     "bad local file header in %s",
			     archive);
		fclose(fp);

can anyone explain to me about zip file headers and why it would be different/incorrect and give me this error?
		return NULL;