Encryption with Python?

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Wed May 11 00:10:38 EDT 2005

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Back to Paul's question then: why use an unreliable and
> probably-useless-for-all-but-spawning-lengthy-but-educational-threads
> encryption method when there are relatively reliable and, uh, less
> discussed and non-edifying, uh... well, you get the picture. ;-)

Well, I'd say ARCFOUR has been discussed a hell of a lot more than what
this thread ever mustered up. I also submit that implementing ARCFOUR or
studying p3.py would be a hell of a lot more educational than posting a
lousy algorithm, calling it unbreakable, and responding to criticisms
with "I don't understand so you must be wrong."

Education is a process one must engage in. You don't just step in it.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter