Python Documentation (should be better?)

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Fri May 13 01:34:38 EDT 2005

Ron Adam wrote:
> What I would like to see is something like the following for each item:
>
> 0. reference @ sequence code
> 2. "Builtin" | "import <library>"
> 3. Type/class: Name/Syntax
> 4. Description with examples
> 6. Links to other references of this item in docs
> 7. Links to related functions or objects in same doc type
> 8. Keywords

I'm unclear from your description.  What constitutes an "item"?  Only
functions?  Or are types and modules "items" too?

One of the original complaints was that the page for string methods
wasn't easily accessible.  How does this address that problem?  I guess
you could search for all records with Type: str.  Would the constructor
for str show up this way?

STeVe