Dr. Dobb's Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (May 24)

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Tue May 24 16:08:05 EDT 2005

In article <d6vm00$h1s$1 at news.doit.wisc.edu>,
Rocco Moretti  <roccomoretti at hotpop.com> wrote:
>Simon Brunning wrote:
>> QOTW: "If you're sick of answering newbie questions, and don't think you
>> can do so politely, for the sake of the community, DON'T!  You're not that
>> necessary." - Joal Heagney
>
>Taken out of context, Joal's comments might seem a bit rude and abrasive
>- I don't think they were meant that way. People really should look at
>the context of the quote - it'a actually a very constructive suggestion.
>
>(If the direct link works:)
>http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/6330925dcecb6bdb
			.
			.
			.
General principle:  if in doubt about the significance of an item in
"Python-URL!", assume that it's intended in a constructive way.  In
our emphasis on brevity, though, we sometimes abbreviate to the point
that ambiguity obscures the civility.  Thanks to Mr. Moretti for his
well-referenced observation.