Newbie : checking semantics

Stefan Nobis snobis at gmx.de
Mon May 16 12:40:43 EDT 2005

rbt <rbt at athop1.ath.vt.edu> writes:

> True beginners (no programming experience whatsoever) don't have
> to deal with unlearning stuff such as the bracket plague.

That's true. But they also not very used to give nothing (->
whitespace) a meaning. I teached quite some beginners and most of
them had problems to get the indentation right.

At least in the very beginning IMHO it would be useful to
explicitly end a block with some kind of an end statement.

Meaningful whitespache is not a big problem (as many people seems
to think) but it's also not very obvious and sometimes it causes
at least a little bit trouble.

--
Stefan.