Inserting a tab with tab completion enabled on win32

News Sympatico andzy at imap-mail.com
Fri May 20 23:36:58 EDT 2005

I've followed the tab completion example given in the Library Reference
docs for the rlcompleter module that makes the tab key do name
completion.  That works but now you need another key stroke to insert an
actual tab.

I've tried lines like:

readline.parse_and_bind("\C-o: tab-insert")

and they work fine under Linux but on Windows they raise a KeyError.

I'm using the readline package from UNC Python Tools on Python 2.4.

Does anyone know how to fix this or is there even some other way to
insert an indent (do I have to type spaces?)?