HELP Printing with wxPython

Tim G tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Wed May 11 09:12:01 EDT 2005

http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/Printing but
> is impossible to use this script even if I do exactly as said there.
I think
> the script is buggy or I am not able to use it, even if seems very
simple to
> use...
>
> Anyone can give me an hint on how to easily and simply print some
text? Is
> there a library ready to download and use? Something like
SendPrinter("some
> text\n")?

On the strict wxPython front, I can't help
you, but I might be able to offer some help.
Depends a little bit on how much you're tied
to wxPython and how much you need to be cross-platform.

Essentially, if you're on Windows (and have no need
to run on anything else) then consider some of the
solutions here:

http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/win32_how_do_i/print.html

If you're on Unix / whatever with no need to do
anything else, then I'm sure there are straightforward
ways to push stuff to a printer. (Something using lpr
he thinks, hoping someone with real knowledge can chip
in).

If you *really* want to use wxPython for cross-platform
needs, or just because you think it's cleaner, then try
on the wxPython lists if you haven't already.

TJG