__init__() not called automatically

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Thu May 26 11:54:33 EDT 2005

bruno modulix  <onurb at xiludom.gro> wrote:
> I've always explicitelly used the (implied) 'this' pseudo-pointer in
> Java, C++ etc. The wart is in all those languages that don't makes it
> mandatory IMHO !-)

And the correlary wart in Python is that the first argument to a
method is not required to be called "self".  The vast majority of
people use "self", but every once in a great while you run into some
yahoo who feels this is the right place to express his creativity and
call it "this", or "obj", or some other obfuscation.