Software licenses and releasing Python programs for review

poisondart poisondart985 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 19:48:44 EDT 2005

Thanks for the replies. They have been very helpful. I'll have to read
through the licenses you've listed in more detail, but the creative
commons license of which James William Pye mentions seems to be what
I'll be using.

The reason why I need people to review my code and also the ideas
behind the code is mostly for academic interest...but not necessarily
reserved to an academic audience...which is why I don't want people to
make profit from it. It uses ideas from a language--which would be
ridiculous (to me) for anybody to make profit from selling the
mechanics of a natural language.

The NLTK mailing list seems to be what I was looking for...I'll start
checking that out. Thanks for the link.