"End Of Line" Confusion

Jordan Rastrick jrastrick at student.usyd.edu.au
Wed May 18 13:21:40 EDT 2005

If you email the script to me, I'd be happy to take a look at it and
see if I come up with the same error (I'm running IDLE on a Windows XP
box here, cant remember if the filesystem is FAT or NTFS ;-))

Although as a relative newbie I've never come across it myself, one
possible source of such mysterious errors in Python, apparently, is
mixing tabs and spaces in your indentation. Its also one of the few
factors I can think of that would have been lost in the
email-copy-paste process, which could explain why the code snippet
works on my machine and not yours.

My only other suggestion is to try my personal first rule for fixing
mysterious, unusual bugs in small, trivial pieces of code - which is to
delete the whole thing and type it out again from scratch. It works
surprisingly often.

Good luck
- Jordan