Python Graphing Utilities.

Torsten Bronger bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed May 11 00:55:48 EDT 2005

Hallöchen!

Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> writes:

> [...]
>
> And I'd also second the matplotlib suggestion, to which I've by
> now fully switched after years of faithful gnuplot usage.
> Matplotlib is very good, has an active development community, and
> it is designed from the ground up not only as a library for
> rendering plots to screen/disk, but also for embedding into guis
> (with support for Tk, WX, GTK, QT and FLTK).

Why not for Gnuplot, by the way?

On sceen, matplotlib looks extremely good, however, I still need
Gnuplot for the hardcopy version[*].  It *seems* to me that the
programming interfaces are quite different, so a Gnuplot backend for
matplotlib would be helpful for me.

Tschö,
Torsten.

[*] because of the "pslatex" backend, which means that the plot is
typeset by the same LaTeX run as your document --> consistent fonts,
TeX-quality formulae