Is Python suitable for a huge, enterprise size app?

Paul Rubin http
Fri May 20 21:45:22 EDT 2005

Dave Brueck <dave at pythonapocrypha.com> writes:
> > What do you use for HTTPS?
>
> m2crypto (plus some patches to make asynchronous SSL do what we needed).

That seems to be a nice piece of code, but it's still at version 0.13;
if something goes wrong, are you sure you want to explain that you
were using beta-test software to protect your customers' production
financial transactions?  There's also been some traffic on the
python-crypto list about Zope encountering memory leaks with it.  I
haven't read the messages carefully though, so I'm not sure what the
situation is.

> > did you use the Cookie module in your HTTP servers?...
> Are you referring to the use of pickle for cookie serialization?

Yes.