survey of modules to be added to stdlib

Ron radam2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Mar 18 22:40:31 EST 2005

On 18 Mar 2005 14:16:01 -0800, "Alia Khouri" <alia_khouri at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>This is an informal survey to gauge the community's interest in adding
>popular modules to the python standard library.

I would prefer to have a install utility included that retrieves a
list of modules we can install, update, or uninstall, from the web in
a consistent easy way.  It would really be nice if they listed what
modules they were dependant on also.

If the updater listed them by who distributes and maintains them, it
could include many third party modules as well and not need to include
them in the standard library.

But I think something like this would be quite always off....  Python
3000?  4000?   <shrug>

Not everyone needs the same modules.  I use win32, py2exe, pmw/blt,
visual, and ctypes,  and numeric because I think it needed by either
blt or visual.