bsddb support for berkeley db 4.3?

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Sat Mar 12 17:23:14 EST 2005

janeaustine50 at hotmail.com wrote:
> It doesn't seem like the python 2.4(and the recent 2.4.1) support
> berkeley db 4.3. (4.3 fixes some deadlock bugs I occasionally encounter
> using 4.2.)
>
> bsddb3(at pybsddb.sf.net) already supports 4.3 since last December(but
> doesn't explicitly support win32 -- see the assert statement in
> setup.py). I thought the bsddb3 project were merged into the python
> project. Hasn't it?

Yes it has, but which version of BSD DB gets used when the release team
builds the Win32 installer depends on the version installed on the
installer builder's machine.

If you can, I'd suggest posting a bug report on SF against 2.4 to see
whether you can encourage the installer builder to upgrade BSD DB -
though do be certain to check what's in 2.4.1c1 first.