bsddb support for berkeley db 4.3?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Mar 13 04:00:34 EST 2005

Andrew MacIntyre wrote:
> If you can, I'd suggest posting a bug report on SF against 2.4 to see
> whether you can encourage the installer builder to upgrade BSD DB -
> though do be certain to check what's in 2.4.1c1 first.

It's 4.2.52, and I don't think I'm going to use anything else for 2.4.1.
In fact, I don't think I can update to 4.3 in the entire 2.4.x release
cycle. 4.3 adds a few new features, and new features are not acceptable
in 2.4.x. Also, 4.3 changes the format of the log file.

I should apply all the patches for 4.2.52, but I'm only lacking Patch 3,
and this applies to Java only, so it should be irrelevant.

Of course, if 4.3 would fix a serious bug that affects Python users,
it might be necessary to reconsider. From the huge change list of bug
fixes in 4.3, I cannot tell which of these fixes affect Python users.

Regards,
Martin