Help Installing Python 2.3.5

Greg Lindstrom greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com
Fri Mar 11 14:17:28 EST 2005

I've been running python for years and have never had trouble installing
until today.  I am trying to install Python 2.3.5 from python.org on my
windows 2000 box.  I uninstalled everything from the previous Python,
downloaded and ran the exe and everything appeared to run correctly
(even got the "Python installed correctly" screen).  Reboot.  When I
open a dos window and type "python" I am told it doesn't know that that
is!  The file association with seems to work.  Do I need to map the PATH
myself?  Everything's in the default directory (C:\Python23).

Thanks for your help,
--greg

--
Greg Lindstrom               501 975.4859
Computer Programmer          greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com
NovaSys Health
Little Rock, Arkansas

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."  W.W.