HELP: Python & Tkinter ?

PGMoscatt pgmoscatt at optushome.com.au
Mon Mar 7 03:19:16 EST 2005

Hi all,

Have just installed Fedora 3 and wish also want to give programming with
Python a go.  I wish to develop GUI interfaces and believe that 'Tkinter'
is the way to go.

After installing Python frpm the distro CD I can't use the 'from Tkinter
import *' command. When I try, I get the error message below:

ImportError: No module named Tkinter

So from that I assume I need to install Tkinter ?
Should I also find this on the CD ?  Is it known as another name as looking
on the CD I don't seem to find anything relating to Tkinter.

Thanks in advance.

Pete