HELP: Python & Tkinter ?

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Mon Mar 7 03:46:27 EST 2005

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:19:16 +1000, rumours say that PGMoscatt
<pgmoscatt at optushome.com.au> might have written:

>Hi all,
>
>Have just installed Fedora 3 and wish also want to give programming with
>Python a go.  I wish to develop GUI interfaces and believe that 'Tkinter'
>is the way to go.

[snip: import Tkinter fails, probably due to missing package]

Perhaps this page helps:

http://www.python.org/2.4/rpms.html

Otherwise this would show up anything in the cd:

$ find /mnt/cdrom -name \*kinter\* -print

(/mnt/cdrom or whatever the name of the cd mounting directory in Fedora 3 is)
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.