Is Python like VB?

Mike Cox mikecoxlinux at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 00:33:36 EST 2005

As you may or may not know, Microsoft is discontinuing Visual Basic in favor
of VB.NET and that means I need to find a new easy programming language.  I
heard that Python is an interpreted language similar to VB.  This means that
it doesn't have all the hard stuff like pointers, classes and templates like
C, C++ and assembly language.

Where I work we use  Microsoft Office with a lot of customization using
Visual Basic.  I would like to switch to Python to do it since VB is being
discontinued.  Would Python meet our requirements? I need to make lots of
GUI applications (message boxes, forms, etc.) and do the underlying business
logic too.

Thanks in advance.