Is Python like VB?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Mar 18 01:02:48 EST 2005

"Mike Cox" <mikecoxlinux at yahoo.com> wrote:

>As you may or may not know, Microsoft is discontinuing Visual Basic in favor
>of VB.NET and that means I need to find a new easy programming language.  I
>heard that Python is an interpreted language similar to VB.

This statement is a little bit silly.  VB.NET is an interpreted language
which is practically indistinguishable from the old VB.  Why on earth would
you choose to reimplement your software in a different language, rather
than just do the simple version upgrade?

>Where I work we use  Microsoft Office with a lot of customization using
>Visual Basic.

The VB in Microsoft Office is not being discontinued.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.