MySQLDBAPI

Gregory Piñero gregpinero at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 11:48:03 EDT 2005

see below

On 6/10/05, Daniel Dittmar <daniel.dittmar at sap.corp> wrote:
> Gregory Piñero wrote:
> > Is that something I can install all to my home directory?
>
> If you have a similar Linux distribution at home, simply build the mysql
> extension on that machine and then copy it to the web server.

I have Ubuntu running at home and Redhat is running on the server.
Would this still work for me?  Do I need to install the same old
version of MySql on my home computer?

> Otherwise:
>
> You don't have to actually install it. Just make sure that Setup.py
> finds the headers and libs
>
> 1a) get the rpm and extract the files

Are you referring to the rpm for Mysql?  I would just get the same
version as the server has?

> or 1b) compile (but don't install) mysql from sources
>
> 2) specify the locations of the header files and the libs to Setup.py or
> patch the module such that the defaults point to your directories. From
> your error message, the current default for the includes seems to be
> /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql

So the new location will be where I extracted the RPM to?

> 3) You can then delete the directories created in 1a or 1b

So the new python module, the dpapi will be installed in my home
directory?  So when I import it from another script I would just
append my home directory to the sys.path first to use it?