MySQLDBAPI

Daniel Dittmar daniel.dittmar at sap.corp
Fri Jun 10 10:50:24 EDT 2005

Gregory Piñero wrote:
> Is that something I can install all to my home directory?

If you have a similar Linux distribution at home, simply build the mysql
extension on that machine and then copy it to the web server.

Otherwise:

You don't have to actually install it. Just make sure that Setup.py
finds the headers and libs

1a) get the rpm and extract the files

or 1b) compile (but don't install) mysql from sources

2) specify the locations of the header files and the libs to Setup.py or
patch the module such that the defaults point to your directories. From
your error message, the current default for the includes seems to be
/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql

3) You can then delete the directories created in 1a or 1b

Daniel