Fast text display?

Eric Brunel eric_brunel at despammed.com
Thu Jun 9 03:01:15 EDT 2005

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 02:22:08 +0200, Riccardo Galli <riccardo_cut1 at cut2_sideralis.net> wrote:
> Using tkinter doesn't need downloading and installing only in Windows.
> In *nix is not so common to have tcl/tk installed (and probably in Mac too)
>
> GUI cross platform need external support, in a OS or in another.

Even if tcl/tk is not installed by default on your system, doing it is usually not a pain, since the guys making it insist on keeping its required dependencies minimal: IIRC, to install tcl/tk on any Unix, you just need to have X and a C compiler.

This may be a slight advantage over most other toolkits, that usually require other libraries that you may not have installed on your system, or installed at the wrong version. I was sometimes caught in such a dependency hell when trying to install a toolkit that I eventually gave up...
--
python -c "print ''.join([chr(154 - ord(c)) for c in 'U(17zX(%,5.zmz5(17;8(%,5.Z65\'*9--56l7+-'])"