Database recommendations for Windows app

Will McGugan news at NOwillmcguganSPAM.com
Wed Jun 22 10:14:18 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'd like to write a windows app that accesses a locally stored database.
There are a number of tables, the largest of which has 455,905 records.

Can anyone recommend a database that runs on Windows, is fast /
efficient and can be shipped without restrictions or extra downloads?

I have googled and found plenty of information on databases, its just
that I dont have enough experience with databases to know which one is
best for my task!

Thanks in advance,

Will McGugan
--