Newbie Python & XML

uche.ogbuji at gmail.com uche.ogbuji at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 23:29:23 EDT 2005

"I have a situation at work.  Will be receiving XML file which contains
quote information for car insurance.  I need to translate this file
into a flat comma delimited file which will be imported into a software
package.  Each XML file I receive will contain information on one quote
only.  I have documentation on layout of flat file and examples of XML
file (lot of fields but only container tags and field tags no
DTD's,look easy enough).  I am just starting to learn python and have
never had to work with XML files before.  Working in MS Windows
environment.  I have Python 2.4 with win32 extensions. "

Sounds like the sort of thing I and others have done very easily with
Amara:

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/01/19/amara.html

Overall, if you're new to Python and XML, here are some resources:

http://www.xml.com/pub/at/24
http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/akara/nodes/2003-01-01/general-section

--
Uche Ogbuji                               Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net                    http://fourthought.com