Newbie Python & XML

LenS lsumnler at uniqueinsuranceco.com
Sat Jun 4 11:42:38 EDT 2005

I have a situation at work.  Will be receiving XML file which contains
quote information for car insurance.  I need to translate this file
into a flat comma delimited file which will be imported into a software
package.  Each XML file I receive will contain information on one quote
only.  I have documentation on layout of flat file and examples of XML
file (lot of fields but only container tags and field tags no
DTD's,look easy enough).  I am just starting to learn python and have
never had to work with XML files before.  Working in MS Windows
environment.  I have Python 2.4 with win32 extensions.

1. What else do I need
2. Any examples of program doing the same.
3. Have read some stuff that indicates I may need ? schema of XML
layout ????

The rating company will ftp a quote realtime to a dir on my system.
the python program will then have to poll the dir for new files and
automaticly translate and initiate import.

Any help appreciated
Len Sumnler