thread.start_new_thread question

Konstantin Veretennicov kveretennicov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 09:23:55 EDT 2005

On 6/17/05, Brian <desertgarden at netscape.com> wrote:
> Hi KV,
>
> Here's a site that provides an easy, beginners example of how to do
> threading.  You might find this useful too...   :-)
>
> http://www.codesampler.com/python.htm
> (Look for the "Spawning Threads" section.)

Thank you, but that doesn't answer my question. I was asking if there
is a reason that "args" is not optional.

Oftentimes functions I use to start_new_thread have no arguments (they
may get data from bound instance or from closure), but still I have to
pass empty "args", always wondering, why? Python lib generally has a
very nice and convenient interface and tries to supply sensible
defaults when possible. That "args" is a required argument is a
mystery to me :)

- kv

A. No.
Q. Is top posting OK?