thread.start_new_thread question

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Jun 18 12:15:32 EDT 2005

Konstantin Veretennicov wrote:
> Thank you, but that doesn't answer my question. I was asking if there
> is a reason that "args" is not optional.

At the risk of increasing your frustration, I'm going avoid answering
your question as well and simply point out that if you use the
"threading" module, as is recommended, you won't have to deal with this
issue at all, and your code will generally be simpler.

(To answer your real question I'd have to check the docs for "thread"
and, since I _never_ use that module in spite of heavy use of threading,
I can't help you more... sorry.)

-Peter